My welfare inside pet come regarding my personal childhood once i utilized to chase lizards (Eremias argus) about sphere. We pursued this desire because an undergraduate at Nankai College then a scholar student on Chinese Academy out of Sciences. I then spent five years because an associate curator out-of herpetology during the Institute of Zoology (Beijing), which expended my personal appeal during the systematics, and in the end led us to the College of Toronto where We presented my Ph.D. browse with the molecular phylogenetics off lacertid lizards. While the a blog post-doctoral lookup other on College off Ca (Berkeley), I became a great deal more aware of exactly how molecular phylogenetics would be used to help you evolutionary biology.
Since i have arrived at Guelph, my personal research has worried about molecular phylogenetics and it is application to the research of speciation, sexual possibilities and preservation
- B.Sc. — Tianjin 1985
- M.South carolina. — Chengdu 1988
- Ph.D. — Toronto 1998
My research will know evolutionary models when you look at the sheer communities and you can the new mechanisms in it, that have a focus to your historic perspectives.
Elevational gradient brings one of the better solutions getting discovering transformative development. The audience is implementing a few sets of poikilothermic pets. All of them are common variety at or just around the newest Tibetan Plateau, and they are simple to choose and get in the open. 1) Toad-on course lizards of the genus Phrynocephalus was systemic into https://kissbrides.com/brazilian-women/ the main China wasteland and several ones are real high- height dwellers (5300m) of your Tibetan Plateau. Large level species (e.g.Phrynocephalus vlangalii) enjoys a series of hereditary and you will emotional traits you to probably depict version to help you large-height surroundings. 2) The newest Asiatic toad (Bufo gargarizans) occupies numerous mountain selections across the a very highest elevational gradient of 0 in order to 4300m. Certain communities was indeed Plateau dwellers for around 2.5 an incredible number of decades. It offers a great possible opportunity to make intra-particular comparison. Our company is examining these bacteria regarding morphological, behavioural, psychological and you can genomic levels.
The essential practical equipment off biodiversity is the variety, and you can understanding the speciation processes is key having knowledge biodiversity. Phylogenetic investigation brings opportunities to evaluate types out of an old and you will evolutionary perspective, and you may genomic investigation provide an ability to look at background at several profile, such as genes, communities, and you can varieties. We are currently studying an effective frog kinds (Odorrana margaratea) having a ring-shaped diversification development around the Sichuan Basin from the western China. The brief spatial level (small band), plentiful populations, lifestyle off numerous crossbreed areas, and you may a distinctly portrayed record offer expert opportunities to have a look at the brand new advancement away from reproductive isolation from inside the face away from gene disperse.
Since i visited Guelph, my personal studies have concerned about molecular phylogenetics and it is app to the analysis out of speciation, sexual solutions and you can conservation
- Fu, J., and you will R. Wen. 2023. Affects out of Quaternary glaciation, geological background and geography into animal varieties history inside the continental East Asia: a good phylogeographic feedback. Unit Environment.
- Chen, Y., S. Tan, and you can J. Fu. 2022. Changed metabolic rate and a reaction to Ultraviolet rediation: gene phrase differences along a keen elevational gradient in the Asiatic toad (Bufo gargarizans). Log of Unit Development ninety: 389-399.
- Atlas, J. Elizabeth. and you can J. Fu. 2021. A re also-comparison out of positive selection into the mitochondrial genomes from highest-level Phrynocephalus lizards. Diary of Unit Evolution 89(1-2): 95-102.
- Wen, Grams. and J. Fu. 2021. Separation and you will lso are-connection: the market background and you can numerous contact areas of the Environmentally friendly Odorous Frog around the Sichuan Basin. Unit Ecology 31: 4103-4117. DOI: /MEC.16021
- Qiao, L., G. Wen, Y. Qi, B. Lu, J. Hu, Z. Tune, and J. Fu. 2018. Evolutionary melting pots and reproductive isolation: A band-molded diversification regarding a keen odorous frog (Odorrana margaratea) within the Sichuan Basin. Unit Environment 27: 4888-4900. DOI: /mec.14899.
- Garcia, V.O., C. Ivy, and J. Fu. 2017. Syntopic frogs inform you more models from interaction on landscape: A relative landscape hereditary study of Pelophylax nigromaculatus and you may Fejervarya limnocharis away from central China. Ecology and you may Development seven:9294-9306. DOI: /ece3.3459.